Monday, May 22, 2006

Two wheeled weekend.


Enjoyed another great weekend in Golden. Saturday allowed for a three plus hour MTB ride in the the Front Range. We shot up Chimney Gulch, and then enjoyed Apex via the Enchanted Forest and up and around Sluicebox. I finished with a grind up the jeep road at Green Mtn. Estimated distance was about 25 miles. Based on those #'s I sure was not breaking any speed records. However, the ride was mostly about climbing. My guesstimate would be well over 3000 ft. The only bummer was that I lost one of my favorite water bottles, that contained some important fuel for the body. I hope to keep adding to this effort with plethora of trails that are located in this area. I am very lucky.

In the picture, my good friend takes a moment to look out onto the snow capped mountains.

Sunday was swell, as well. Me and the kids cruised Golden on our bikes. Later in the evening we added Mom to the biking mix. We headed down for a great dinner and a little time at the park. Simply a wonderful family night on bikes.

Have a great day.

SC

No comments: