Friday, May 26, 2006

Mediocre week, hopefully a great weekend.


The title relates to my biking for the week. I must fully admit my commuting absolutley sucked this week. With the family gone, I thought it would much easier to commute, but I was wrong. Mostly a hectic schedule at work contributed to my lackluster effort. I did however, try to make up for my effort with two MTB rides, both single speed, and day of hill work. The hill work came in the form of Lookout Mtn. I did a couple of up and downs and a lap around Coors. That equated to about a two hour ride.

The ride up Lookout Mtn. is always enjoyable, and Wednesday night the weather was perfect. From downtown Golden to the top is close to 7 miles on the road. What makes it so enjoyable is the massive amount of recreation that takes place during those seven miles. I crossed the Clear Creek bridge in Golden to view a plethora of kayakers surfing the white water. Proceed to the Pillars where most cyclists start and begin the ascent amongst several dozen riders. One the way up I notice 8 para-gliders in the sky, several climbers doing some top rope work, hikers, MTB'ers, trail runners and the remote control glider crowd all enjoying a Golden evening. Wow! This is really cool, everybody sharing the Mtn. and getting their recreation on. I like it a lot here!

SC

No comments: