Friday, May 12, 2006

A snap shot...



that a makes a strong statement on the current status of life in America. Before I jump-in, I would like to first admit that I contribute to the problems. I am working to reduce my impacts as they pertain to gasoline consumption and support of corporations. Simply said, I try to spend as little of money in those areas as possible.

Back to the picture. I ride past this particular area about three times per week on my bicycle commute, and this sight always strikes me. This is about 7:30 AM. It generally makes me sad to see so many cars lined up at the drive through of a Starbucks coffee shop. People so committed to convenience, gasoline, and corporations. Yes, it does make me a little sad.

However, it sure was a great ride in the morning. Blues skis in the Foothills, and rolling into awesome visuals of the City of Denver. I do feel lucky on this Friday. That coupled with a planned visit to my favorite brewery in Golden this evening, have me giddy as a school boy.

SC

No comments: