Monday, July 11, 2005

Delay

There has been quite a long delay in posts. A comforting thought is that no one really follows this website. However, I find it theraputic and will work to make consistant efforts towards this blog.

One of my highlighted cycling events has come and gone. The Breckenridge Firecracker 50 mile mountain bike race. For me this was a true challenge to finish and I did. I certainly did not break any records, but I got it knocked out and that felt good. For a long time now, I have wanted to really work at becoming long distance racer/participant. The 50-100 mile plus stuff. This is a real challenge especially with a family and two great children, plus working full-time. This 50 miler was my first real step in continuing to move in that direction. I have the bug and want to continue to feed it with another distance event.

Earlier I commented on my intent to finish. Right now that is where it starts and stops with me. Taking some pride in the accomplishment. Maybe someday it will be race for me, but for now finishing is the task at hand.

While preparing for the Firecracker SAHD and myself often road together bantering support back and forth. This one stuck for me.

How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time!

Good Day,

Simple-Cyclist

No comments: