Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Something to get excited about

In my constant search for cycling related items that contribute to my enthusiasm for the sport, I believe that a new jewel is now available. It is called Mountain Flyer Magazine. They can be found at http://mountainflyer.com I love to read a good bike magazine. This strong publication has had an immediate impact on my cycling. I measure the quality of a publication with one simple litmus question, does the magazine provide new and creative insight into the sport that I love so much. To me, that is what the major publications lack, a little soul for the sport. Sure they can put together publication that offers eye candy but in the name of sales, marketing, and advertising they opted to keep articles to a certain word count and edit the content as not offend and potential advertising contributors. Their choice, I simply do not care and do not spend my money on those pubs.

Sorry for the digression, back to Mountain Flyer. SAHD first brought this magazine to my attention. I think it is worth your while to check it out. A couple of favorite articles from this issue include " Training with a Circus" for those who juggling work and families. Probably my favorite artice is "What if Budda Raced a Bike?". Sure it is a little deep, but that is what I like and speaks about finding your place within a racing atmosphere.

Keep it simple.

SC

No comments: