Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Trail Energy

Do you ever have one of those rides where it seems like people are very nice and good "hello" somehow, seems to provide you with a little extra energy? Or maybe it happens during a race. You are struggling and someone offers some kind words of encouragement and all of a sudden you are able to find a "little extra"? Well, I had one of those rides this morning. Nothing extra spectacular, but some good "hellos" and "have a good ride's" that simply made me feel more comfortable or relaxed or empowered by a sport that I love. I have never quite been able to put my finger on why this transfer of energy has a powerful effect and why it is uplifting.

I am fascinated by the transfer of energy through smiles, hellos, and kind words. After spending time thinking about this phenomena, my brain usually gets curious on the why some cyclists choose not to participate in this transfer of energy. Why they are so absorbed in their ride or workout they choose not to transfer positive energy through interaction. To be honest, I know it is those people who stomp my ass in a race. That is OK. But it is the people that can offer positive trail energy and still kick my ass that I truly admire in our sport.

Keep it Simple,

SC

No comments: