Sunday, November 04, 2007

Great Saturday Ride





Saturday was beautiful. After a stressful week of vet bills and dog concerns I needed to log some time on the bike. Not a race. Not a training ride. Just the kind of ride where I am able to connect to my bike, my friends and the environment. Mission accomplished with my good friend Lars (pictured) at Indian Creek just outside of Sedalia. Lars hooked me up as a newbie to this trail with a damn fine ride of 2+ hours, perfect fall weather and a total connection. Thank you.

Speaking of great friends, my dog Simon got hit by car this last Monday. He got pretty dinged, including a collapsed lung and the current use of only three legs. This may change, but it may not. We sure are happy to have the little Jack Russel Terrier because it was touch and go for a while. Needless to say, we are looking hard at dog insurance, cause this stuff does get expensive. Not to mention the latest member of the family Oliver (pictured), the Old English Sheep dog. Yes, we do like a certain amount of chaos in our lives. This upcoming weekend is the third annual Chili Cook-off. I will race Saturday, enjoy friends Saturday night and try and keep it simple.

SC

No comments: