Sunday, November 11, 2007

Highlands Ranch (Denver) Race Report

Rolled the Vanilla SS Saturday in the 35 4's. Going in I had two goals I wanted to accomplish in this race. First, commit to the start. Secondly, I wanted to attack all dismount areas. Mission accomplished. In the end, I felt good about my effort. I dug deep and kept closing. In this race, one gentlemen in particular had my attention. He happened to be the other singlespeed, rolling a classic Surly. He took it to me a couple of weeks ago, so when I passed him I felt good. He was not going to have that and stomped on by. I had him marked, but he had about 15 seconds on me. I hung in there til' the last lap and I made a move. He was pushing a larger gear than me and I sensed his legs were getting tired. I attacked hard on a small climb with a 180 turn at the top. As I passed he was kind enough to throw me a shoulder. I went down and lost several spots. That's racing, lesson learned. I try hard to be a nice guy out there, I will just have to make sure when I make a move I am more prepared. We chatted quick after the race and he apologized. Good race. Thanks to those who put on the race. ICCC held a great event.

2 comments:

Ben said...

Dude...you are an ex-football player. Stick it to him next time!
Ben

simple-cyclist said...

damn straight.