Friday, June 09, 2006

A friend I have never met.



I have been bike commuting for a couple of years. Last fall the bike commute usually took place on Fridays. Over the course of several weeks, each Friday morning I would wave to this retired gentleman who appeared to be out for a morning walk. It got to the point where I would look for him, and it was a great part of the bike ride to work. Soon, colder weather moved in and my commuting stopped. All spring I have been looking for him on his morning walk. I finally saw him today. Both of us waved. It was the best part of the ride to work. It felt like I saw an old friend that I have never met.

Speaking of old friends I have a photo of one in todays post. I just really like this bike. It probably is over 12 years old. A steel Ibis road bike. A real steady-eddy.

2 comments:

Ben said...

What in the hell! You have had a blog for over a year and I just find out about it now! Damn you Simple Cyclist, go ride a full suspended, 27 geared, 5+" traveled bike and like it!
You even had a blog when I was out visiting...and no word...ouch!
Love you man
Ben

Luby said...

hey...I think I wrenched on that there bike!!!!!!!!!