Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Where is my motivation?


This picture was taken late Monday, March 20 looking at Lookout Mtn. in Golden.

Last week I was totally excited to re-commit myself to the cycling efforts. For me, this mostly means allocating time on the weekends. Unfortunately, two thing happened that may dampen the increase in efforts. First, I had a great time snowboarding on Saturday and would love to use "my" time this weekend towards that recreational pursuit. And secondly, we got a bunch on snow. The snow works against me, it fuels the snowboarding desire and diminishes the cycling enthusiasm. It will be interesting to see how the rest of the week comes together.

If you are curious why the "my" is in quotes, I am thinking you may not have kids. Truth be told, there really is no such thing as "my" time. There are periods throughout the week that may belong to me, but they only come about through the team work of a great marriage. I am a very lucky man.

No comments: