Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Another great morning commute...

A morning ride to work in the Front Range from Golden into the heart Lakewood is a very nice ride. I was able to shave off 8 minutes of time from the Monday commute. I must admit, I was a bit of a sugar tit on Monday. I will attribute most that to the "Monday" but also a rather large messenger bag that was filled to the brim. A copule of things occured to me on the ride in:

1. Messenger bags, I love them and they are totally useful, but also serve as status symbol when riding. When riding with your messenger bag, I believe, the message is being sent, I have something to transport that requires this and I am choosing to use my bicycle to do it.

2. This morning I was curious on why I referred to my bike as being female in gender? This is what I came up with. It has to be female, she continues to foregive me being over-weight, out of shape, not particularly graceful, and generally a lack-luster cyclist. She never whines or complains and always lifts my spirits after a long ride. For the above stated reasons, it is only logical that my bicycles are of the female gender. I think that maybe aluminum bikes are male, but I do not know, I do not own one.

Quote for the day... coming from the Colorado Outward Bound School book-

A ship in a harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for.
by William Shedd

My twist-
A bicycle in a garage is safe, but that is not what bicycles is built for.

SC

No comments: