Thursday, January 15, 2009

Finding Focus

With the arrival of the new year, I was excited about the upcoming cycling season. I had a nervous energy about wanting to participate in some challenging events but unsure what to choose. I would compare this feeling of being unsettled to a camera that is ready to take a photo but unable to find the focus. Then with some nerves I signed myself in for the 2009 Dirty Kanza, a 200 mile gravel grinder. As soon as I completed the registration process, the photo of my upcoming cycling season had come into focus. My excitement as gone to a new level and three simple goals have been established for this event. Goal 1: Finish. Goal 2: Enjoy this ride and people as much I can. Goal 3: Ride smart and strong. There are many goals to be achieved in the preparation but I hope these simple ones will help me push through my epic challenge of the 2009 cycling season.

No comments: