Monday, October 22, 2007

Cross'-Fully Exposed



Each race I get fully exposed...my fitness, mental toughness and my willingness to suffer.

Fully exposed...with each layer coming off like a rotten onion, each lap the battle continues inside my head, can I continue to suffer? Can I catch that guys wheel? Who is that on my ass, can I get a gap?

Fully exposed...only two battles really exist, the one with myself, and the one with the guy ahead of me. Through in some run-ups, barriers, and mud and I have plenty of distractions. Each and every race I check my pride and ego, mount my Vanilla single speed steel rig and get fully exposed. So why, what is left? Some small form of cycling purity. I can not explain it, but through that process,that purity, I learn a little more about myself and the type of person really I am.

Mid-season of cross' and I have completed 6 races. My performance has been all over the board, so goes cross. I continue to try and keep it simple, with my season, my bike and myself.

No comments: